Chelsea fans were left seething after Alvaro Morata had a goal wrongly chalked off at Old Trafford that would have sealed a draw against Manchester United on Sunday.
Arsene Wenger will fight to stay on as Arsenal manager beyond this summer, regardless of whether he can lead them to Europa League glory, according to reports. There is widespread speculation that this could be the Frenchman’s final season in charge of the Gunners as a disappointing campaign unfolds. The Gunners lost to Manchester City in the final of the League Cup on Sunday, were knocked out of the FA Cup by Nottingham Forest and look almost certain to miss out on the top four in the Premier League.
Their one hope is success in the Europa League – which would also bring Champions League qualification – however they face AC Milan in the next round and other tough tests could await them. Despite growing calls for Wenger to step aside, the Daily Mail report that sources close to the Frenchman say he will look to cling on to his job. He plans to at the very least see out his contract, which expires in the summer of 2019. The Evening Standard also report that he is keen to stay on.
It’s understood that Arsenal will review Wenger’s position at the end of the season. There is a sense that the club, which has always backed their manager, could be leaning towards a change of coach. There have been numerous changes behind the scenes including appointments that have removed some power from Wenger. The Daily Mail also report that chief executive Ivan Gazidis pushed for Wenger to become director of football last summer, but was unable to shift the 68-year-old from his current role.
Contenders to replace Wenger are already emerging with Carlo Ancelotti, Germany coach Joachim Low, Monaco’s Leonardo Jardim, Juventus’ Massimiliano Allegri, Man City coach Mikel Arteta and Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers understood to be among them.
Iran’s exports of condensates are set to fall in the coming months as more phases of the Persian Gulf Star Refinery are coming online.
A woman and her 15-year-old son were shot and killed by a man who then turned the gun on himself while his daughter pretended to sleep in another room, police say.
Kanye West looked like he was caught short with his wife Kim Kardashian this weekend. Kanye turned his back to the cameras while a giggling Kim looked on. Wearing shorts, a hoodie, and some socks pulled up real high, the 40-year-old spread his legs and appeared to use the wall as a makeshift urinal but the golden moment wasn’t caught on camera.
Her death comes as her father awaits his retrial for rape and sexual assault allegations. TMZ has reported Ensa passed away on Friday night in Massachusetts and while the cause of death is yet to be confirmed the website claimed she had kidney issues and ‘possibly was in line for a transplant.’
British police foiled four extreme right-wing terror plots in 2017, according to the country's chief counter-terrorism officer, warning of a "significant" threat.
"The right-wing terrorist threat is more significant and more challenging than perhaps the public debate gives it credit for," Mark Rowley said in a speech late on Monday.
"Right-wing terrorism wasn't previously organised here," said Rowley, who is stepping down this year.
He added: "A deeply concerning characteristic is how both far-right and also Islamist terrorism are growing, allowing each side to reaffirm their grievances and justify their actions."
Britain was hit by five terror attacks last year, four Islamist-inspired and one extreme right-wing.
In 2016, a neo-Nazi sympathizer assassinated British MP Jo Cox in her constituency in northern England.
Investigations against the extreme far-right in Britain have focused in recent months on National Action, a group defined by Rowley as a "homegrown, white supremacist, neo-Nazi terror organisation".
The group was banned under terrorism laws in 2016.
Rowley also said that the children of convicted terrorists should be taken away from them.
"The family courts and social services now routinely wrestle with child protection and safeguarding cases arising out of terrorism and extremism," he said.
"However, we still see cases where parents convicted of terrorist-related offences, including radicalisers, retain care of their own children."
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto has shelved a plan to visit the United States following a phone conversation with US President Donald Trump, in which the US president reportedly lost his temper.
Ashley Cole has become a dad for the second time. The 37-year-old’s girlfriend Sharon Canu gave birth to a baby girl over the weekend, naming her Grace. This is the footballer’s second child with Italian model Canu, with the couple welcoming a son in February 2016.
More than 100 girls missing for a week after a Boko Haram attack on their school in northeast Nigeria have been kidnapped, the government says for the first time.
The authorities in Abuja had previously stopped short of saying the 110 girls were seized during the raid on the Government Girls Science and Technology College in Dapchi last Monday.
The attack has revived painful memories in Nigeria of the mass abduction of 276 girls from another boarding school in Chibok in April 2014. Nearly four years on, 112 are still being held.
President Muhammadu Buhari said his government was determined to ensure the release of everyone taken by the extremist militants and to bring "the abducted girls to their families."
"This is especially against the backdrop of the recent incident where another group of girls were abducted on January 19 from the Government Girls Science and Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe state," Buhari told a reception in Abuja for former captives of militants.
Buhari added that he had ordered the country's security agencies to ensure the safety of schools and students.
Nigeria's reluctance to admit the kidnapping comes in part due to Chibok, whose shadow hung over the previous administration and many believe contributed to its election loss.
Buhari, a former military ruler, was elected in 2015 on a promise to end the Boko Haram insurgency, which since it started nine years ago has claimed at least 20,000 lives.
The abduction in Dapchi comes after repeated claims from the military and government that Boko Haram was on the verge of defeat.
It has led to questions about the extent of the government's grip on security and why promises to improve security of schools appear not to have been implemented, despite Chibok.
Boko Haram, whose name translates roughly from Hausa as "Western education is forbidden,” has used kidnapping as a weapon of war, seizing thousands of women and young girls as well as men and boys of fighting age.