Kojo Oppong Nkrumah Clarifies Akufo-Addo's "I'm Not Sure Aisha Haung Was Deported" Comment
14 September 2022
President Akufo-Addo is under fire for allegedly admitting he doesn't know whether or not 'galamsey queen' Aisha Haung was deported. President Akufo-Addo remarked in an interview on a Ho-based radio station on Monday, as part of his trip of the Volta Region, "I'm still not sure whether she was actually deported." Or whether she left the country the first time and has returned. There still appears to be some doubt about it. But, in any case, she's become a sort of mascot for everything galamsey symbolizes."
"We've agreed to work together on it." We require the help of the courts. Until I arrived, the punishment for those caught was quite minor. [However], we've altered the In an interview with Joy FM's Newsnight on Tuesday, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Ofoase-Ayirebi, stated that the President "was not speaking in a vacuum." When asked about deportation, the President said, "I'm not sure if it's about deportation or whether she escaped, but the fundamental thing is this, and then he proceeded to deliver the substantive response." "I've heard some analysts say that the President's statements should have been clearer, etc." "I mean, I am convinced that in a democracy, we can always raise problems about the use of language," he said on Tuesday. Source: Peacefmonline.com
- Police Arrest 'Nana Agradaa
- Ghanaian-Born PA Of Queen Elizabeth Who Escorted Her On Final Journey
- Your Astuteness And Humanity Left Me With Indelible Memories - Kufuor Eulogizes Queen Elizabeth
- 'It's Birmingham's turn to shine,' says the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Farmers "sang its song" for the Lithovit-sprayed farms because they "outperformed" others and produced "plenty of heavy pods, cherelles, and blossoms." - Former director of Cocobod